RE: [beemonitoring] Immortal identification guides to the genera of Eastern North America bees [1 Attachment]

  • Neil Stanley Cobb
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 20, 2012

      Sam,

      Developing these types of guides are important and provide a valuable alternative to keys.  You suggest that people can make guides to fit their needs,  it reminds me of the direction that programs like SEINet are going  where users can develop guides and checklists by just opening Google Map and clicking on a point or drawing a box around an area.  Granted these are done with plants, which are much more exhaustively known, but they can be done with certain groups of bees.  So it is possible to make these resources available to people online and scalable to their area of interest.

      Cheers,

      Neil