Invitation to Bee Heads to help with the Rocky Mountain NP and National Geographic Society BioBlitz August 24-25, 2012

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2012

      Below is an announcement for the upcoming BioBlitz at Rocky Mountains this August.  These are fun events and Judy has mentioned that they are desperate for bee people to participate...

      Thanks

      sam

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      The National Park Service and The National Geographic Society invite you to participate in the Rocky Mountain National Park BioBlitz and Biodiversity Festival, August 24-25, 2012.

      BioBlitz is a two-day event where volunteer scientists, expert naturalists, families, and students work together to discover, identify, learn about and celebrate the biodiversity in this majestic National Park. An official letter of invitation and a Save-the-Date card are attached.

      Scientist and expert participation is by invitation only. Because of the logistical constraints of hosting such a large event on a busy summer weekend, we are not able to offer open registration. Rather, we are recruiting for specific types of expertise. Please feel free, though, to forward this message to graduate students or colleagues who have taxonomic skills in your discipline.  You are also welcome to contact us and suggest additional scientists and we will send them a direct invitation.

      If you are interested in participating (and we hope you are!), please go to http://www.formstack.com/forms/?834153-IIjFyNGPxI to read the details and to register.

      We look forward to working with you in conducting an event that will educate the public regarding biodiversity at Rocky Mountain National Park while extending scientific knowledge of the park’s natural resources. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions.

      BioBlitz Science Coordinators

      Judy Visty
      Rocky Mountain National Park, Research Administrator

      Judy_Visty@...; 970-586-1302

      Catherine Workman, Ph.D.
      Committee for Research and Exploration, National Geographic Society

      CWorkman@...;
      202-857-7106

      Kathy Tonnessen, Ph.D.

      National Park Service, Research Coordinator

      Kathy_Tonnessen@...; 406-243-4449