TB Mitchell - Bees of Eastern United States - available

  • Claus
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2008
      Greetings,

      Theodore Mitchell's two volume set The Bees of the Eastern United
      States was published in 1960 (part I) and 1962 (part II). This set
      remains the most comprehensive published treatment of the eastern
      North American bee fauna. Sam Droege graciously scanned the full set
      and I 'PDFed' and 'OCRed' these two books and made them available. The
      scans are split up by family and can be located here:

      http://www.cals.ncsu.edu/entomology/insectmuseum/easternBees.php

      Many of the keys have also been improved upon during Sam's work at
      Discover Life: http://pick14.pick.uga.edu/20/q?search=Apoidea

      Best wishes,

      Claus Rasmussen