Announcing the Handy Bee Manual

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 3, 2008

      Many thanks for your suggestions to the recent bee pinning etc. document.  I have incorporated those, compiled that file with several other files that we have put together over the years, edited them, and created what I am calling the "Handy Bee Manual."  Something that I hope will be useful for those individuals who will be running inventory and monitoring program, who want to learn to identify bees, and who need to curate and label the resulting specimens and information.  At this point it is running to 45 pages and I plan to keep adding to it as new information and suggestions come in.

      It is currently available in the files section of the listserv web site.

      The file is about 2megs in size.  I also have the original WORD document that I can send to anyone who would rather have that format.

      Feel free to distribute, modify, and post this manual wherever you like and I am always eager for new sections, corrections, and suggestions.

      Many thanks for all the help on this community project.

      sam

      Sam Droege  Sam_Droege@...

      Nelson would have been afraid of ten thousand fleas, but a flea wouldn't be afraid of ten
      thousand Nelsons.
       - Mark Twain

    • frozenbeedoc@cs.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 4, 2008
        Sam,

        I would like the WORD file for the manual.  I have trouble getting things off of the yahoo site.  Compuserve is a bit unwieldy sometimes. But cheap.

        Thanks,
        Anita
      • Ed Stockman
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 5, 2008

          Sam,

          Please send me a Word file as well.

          Thanks,

          Ed

          I would like the WORD file for the manual.  I have trouble getting things off of the yahoo site.  Compuserve is a bit unwieldy sometimes. But cheap.

          Thanks,
          Anita

        • Logan Williams
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 5, 2008
            Hey Sam, please send me the Handy Bee Manual word document.  Thanks, Logan Williams

            All:

            http://tech. groups.yahoo. com/group/ beemonitoring/ files/

            Sam Droege  Sam_Droege@USGS. GOV
            Http://www.pwrc. usgs.gov

            Nelson would have been afraid of ten thousand fleas, but a flea wouldn't be afraid of ten
            thousand Nelsons.
             - Mark Twain

          • Dan Kjar
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 5, 2008
              Hello all,
              You can download the manual from a link on this page.
              http://bio2.elmira.edu/fieldbio
              It is 2mb by the way...
              Dan

              --- In beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com, Logan Williams

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 5, 2008
                Thanks Dan:

                This is very useful as I think some people don't have access to the yahoogroups site.

                Can I send you the WORD Version too?

                sam

                Sam Droege  Sam_Droege@...

                Gift

                A day so happy.
                Fog lifted early, I worked in the garden. Hummingbirds were stopping over honeysuckle flowers.
                There was no thing on earth I wanted to possess.
                I knew no one worth my envying him.
                Whatever evil I had suffered, I forgot.
                To think that once I was the same man did not embarrass me. In my body I felt no pain.
                When straightening up, I saw the blue sea and sails.

                Czeslaw Milosz - Gift

                "Dan Kjar" <dsk@...>
                Sent by: beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com

                03/05/2008 09:22 AM

                Please respond to
                beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com

                beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com
                cc
                Subject
                [beemonitoring] A handy place to download the Handy Bee Manual

                Http://www.pwrc.usgs.gov

                > > Nelson would have been afraid of ten thousand fleas, but a flea
                > > wouldn't be afraid of ten
                > > thousand Nelsons.
                > > - Mark Twain

              • Dan Kjar
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 5, 2008
                  Certainly Sam. Any other documents you would like me to make
                  available just let me know.

                  Dan

                • scan_editor_brg@bellsouth.net
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 7, 2008
                    Dan,
                    Thanks!
                    ben
                    --
                    Ben Gregory, Secretary
                    South Carolina Association of

                    -------------- Original message from "Dan Kjar" <dsk@...>: --------------

                    <loganwilliams@ ...> wrote:

                    > Hey Sam, please send me the Handy Bee Manual word document.
                    > Thanks, Logan Williams
                    >
                    > Sam Droege wrote:
                    >

                    > > All:
                    > >
                    > > Many thanks for your suggestions to the recent bee pinning etc.
                    > > document. I have incorporated those, compiled that file with
                    > > several other files that we have put together over the years,
                    > > edited them, and created what I am calling the "Handy Bee
                    > > Manual." Something that I hope will be useful for those
                    > > individuals who will be running inventory and monitoring
                    &g t; > program, who want to learn to identify bees, and who need to

                  • barbara.abraham@hamptonu.edu
                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 10, 2008

                      Sam,

                      Please send me the Word version, too.  Thanks!

                      Barb

                      Barbara J. Abraham, Ph.D.

                      Associate Professor

                      Department of Biological Sciences

                      Hampton University

                      Hampton, VA   23668

                      757-727-5283

                      barbara.abraham@...

                      "Dan Kjar" <dsk@georgetown. edu>

                      <loganwilliams@ ...> wrote:

                      > Hey Sam, please send me the Handy Bee Manual word document.
                      > Thanks, Logan
                      Williams

                      > Sam Droege wrote:
                      >

                      > > All:
                      > >
                      > > Many thanks for your suggestions to the recent bee pinning etc.
                      > > document. I have incorporated those, compiled that file with
                      > > several other files that we have put together over the years,
                      > > edited them, and created what I am calling the "Handy Bee
                      > > Manual." Something that I hope will be useful for those
                      > > individuals who will be running inventory and monitoring
                      > > program, who want to learn to identify bees, and who need to
                      > > curate and label the resulting specimens and information. At
                      > > this point it is running to 45 pages and I plan to keep adding
                      > > to it as new information and suggestions come in.
                      > >
                      > > It is currently available in the files section of the listserv
                      > > web site.
                      > >
                      > > http://tech. groups.yahoo. com/group/ beemonitoring/ files/
                      > >
                      > > The file is about 2megs in size. I also have the original WORD
                      > > document that I can send to anyone who would rather have that
                      > > format.
                      > >
                      > > Feel free to distribute, modify, and post this manual wherever
                      > > you like and I am always eager for new sections, corrections,
                      > > and suggestions.
                      > >
                      > > Many thanks for all the help on this community project.
                      > >
                      > > sam
                      > > Sam Droege Sam_Droege@. ..
                      > > w 301-497-5840 h 301-390-7759 fax 301-497-5624
                      > > USGS
                      w:st="on">Patuxent Wildlife Research Center