modified Dirt Devil Detailer bee vac for collecting directly from flowers

  • david almquist
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2012
      Cheryl Fimbel was nice enough to give me more information about the DDD that I'd read about in the Handy Bee manual that was apparently Priya Shihani's idea originally.  I tinkered with it a bit and have gotten it, as least in limited beta testing, so that I can suck up a bee from a flower and have the specimen go right up into a vial with minimal effort.  This link will take you to pictures of my prototype.  I would appreciate any feedback about this, especially if anyone tries this, as while I consider myself a relatively seasoned insect, and especially beetle, collector, I have much less experience with bees.  Thanks

      Dave

       (Although it is a facebook link, you should not have to be on facebook nor be my "friend" on there to view the images and please let me know if there're any problems viewing the images.)