New Bees Wasps and Ants Recording Society website and free book download

  • John Ascher
    Message 1 of 1 , May 13, 2012

      Dear all,

      Today I received the following message announcing the new Bees Wasps and Ants Recording Society website and free book download. This society and it's online (and print) resources should be of interest to many of us and can certainly serve as model for North Americans.

      The links pertaining to the new bee book are here:
      http://www.bwars.com/index.php?q=content/bees-britain-free-download

      http://www.bwars.com/index.php?q=content/bees-britain

      John

      Forwarded message from BWARS Chairman Stuart Roberts:

      Dear BWARS
      member
      I am immensely pleased to announce that the new Bees Wasps and Ants Recording Society website at www.bwars.com has been launched. The site features a page for every British species, pages on easy to identify species - “beginners aculeates”, over 2,700 images of species, a fully searchable database, information sheets and much more.

      To celebrate the launch, BWARS are making the text of its proposed book – Bees in Britain available as a free download. This is the first extensive overview of Britain’s bee fauna since 1896! It will make an invaluable reference for anyone interested in bees.

      I also want to take this opportunity to thank and congratulate Webmaster Nigel Jones and his team of volunteer editors for the immense amount of work they have done to bring this all to fruition.

      Best wishes
      Stuart Roberts
      BWARS Chairman