quick insect labeler for regular printers

  • Dan Kjar
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 29 7:58 AM
      "What a wonderful document! I especially liked the information on the
      label generating program (with which I was unfamiliar) and strategies
      for removing bees from the net. I'm used to capturing spiders, which
      do not fly away...

      Barb
      "

      I was responsible for programming the 'home printer' part of that
      labeler. Pick is doing the work to incorporate it into the larger
      discoverlife system. I do use my little bit of it for a quick labeler
      and have used it with my field biology course. If someone would like
      to give it a try I would be interested in any comments you may have
      (like how well it worked).

      You can use the simple web based form located here
      http://bio2.elmira.edu/fieldbio/
      by following the link at the bottom of the page for insect labels.

      Each label is unique based on the specimen number.
      Depending on how many labels you are making it will take a little time
      to build the label page. 50 labels take about 20 seconds to assemble.

      When pick finishes his version I would definitely suggest using it.

      Dan
      --
      Dr. Daniel Kjar
      Assistant Professor of Biology