RE: [beemonitoring] ID?

  • Doug Yanega
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 23 5:30 PM
      John et al.:

      Is it possible the bee in David's photo is Anthophora furcata? The
      thoracic coloration of furcata, I noticed, matches the photo a bit
      better, in having pale hairs at the front and back edges, and the
      pale facial hairs wouldn't be visible from the angle in David's photo:

      http://www.biology.ualberta.ca/bsc/ejournal/pgs_03/pgs_03.html

      http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7156/6522038695_f8378965ce_z.jpg