Erik Oberg/GWMP/NPS is out of the office.

  • Erik_Oberg@nps.gov
    Message 1 of 22 , Apr 16, 2012
      I will be out of the office starting 04/16/2012 and will not return until
      04/24/2012.

      I am out of the park, but please contact brent_steury@... for park
      issues.
    • Erik_Oberg@nps.gov
      Message 2 of 22 , Apr 29, 2012
        I will be out of the office starting 04/28/2012 and will not return until
        05/14/2012.

        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 19, 2012
          I will be out of the office starting 09/19/2012 and will not return until
          10/10/2012.

          I am out of the park, but please contact brent_steury@... for park
          issues.
        • elaineceleste
          Message 4 of 22 , Sep 19, 2012
            A note on sealing pollen slides.
            Nail polish leaches chemicals into the slide that mess with the grains if they are stored for long time periods. Ed Cushing at the U of MN experimented with many different sealing methods for the U of MN reference collection and he found latex paint to be the best. You can put the paint in a vial and use a tooth pick to paint along the edge of the cover slip.
            Ed's full explanation http://www.chrono.qub.ac.uk/inqua/news9/nl9-ejc.htm and an article too.
            Edward J Cushing Longevity of reference slides of pollen mounted in silicone oil Rev Palaeobot Palynol 164(1-2):121-131 (2011)

            Of course, if you are doing a quick demo and then tossing the slide, nail polish is fine.

            Nice presentation ideas, both the bees and the pollen.
            -Elaine

            Elaine Evans
            PhD Student, Dept of Entomology
            University of Minnesota
            219 Hodson Hall, 1980 Folwell Ave
            Saint Paul MN 55108
            612-625-5764 evan0155@...
            www.befriendingbumblebees.com
          • Erik_Oberg@nps.gov
            Message 5 of 22 , Nov 7, 2012

              I will be out of the office starting 11/07/2012 and will not return until 11/08/2012.

              Message 6 of 22 , Nov 18, 2012
                I will be out of the office starting 11/13/2012 and will not return until
                11/20/2012.