Fwd: Color pix Prince Dane Lion

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16, 2012

    Dear Peter (Weston):

    Please have a look at the attached illustration (YH062,jpg).  Yvonne Hyde wonders if you can identify the two "green birds?"  Are we looking at the green flowers of a papilionoid legume native to Western Australia or do you think they are meant to be flowers of the jade vine, Strongylodon macrobotys (my opinion).  I am sending them on to other colleagues unfamiliar with "Prince Dandelion; A Garden Whim Wham" (1952, Ure Smith Publishers). For years, I've been trying to tell friends about the ass-pidistra, the ago-panther, Bill Bergia, phlox of sheep, the collie flower etc.  I'm sure these illustration will provoke an attack of wisteria.

    Sincerely, Peter