Bees and mosquito control

  • Pawelek, Jaime
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2012

      Hi All,

      I’m looking to partner with a biologist from my local mosquito control district to look at the non-target effects of mosquito spraying on native bees.  It looks like most of the literature out there is on honeybees though.  I was thinking of doing some pan trapping in areas where they are spraying, as well as not, for controls, and comparing the capture rates.

      Is anyone out there doing anything similar or know of anyone that is?  This is just barely in the planning stage so any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

      Thanks!!

      Jaime Pawelek

      Biological Scientist

      Guana Tolomato Matanzas National Estuarine Research Reserve

      505 Guana River Rd

      Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082

      904.823.4500 | 904.825.6829 Fax

      www.gtmnerr.org

      Did you know that GTM NERR is one of 28 National Estuarine Research Reserves around the nation?

      For more information or to find a reserve near you, visit www.nerrs.noaa.gov.

      Please take a few minutes to share your comments on the service you received from the department by clicking on this link DEP Customer Survey.