Re: [beemonitoring] Vane Traps vs Pan Traps - QC Apple Pollination Study

  • Lawrence, Chelsey Twila
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 25, 2012

      Hi All!

      I'm working with the native beeĀ populationĀ here in Newfoundland and their pollination efforts on lowbush blueberry. I'm trying to find an article that states how many tetrads of pollen are required for full pollination of the plant to produce fruit.

      I've been told that they need about 30 grains of pollen for full pollination, and assuming 75% pollen viability that means that only 10 tetrads of pollen are required.

      Any help finding some articles would be wonderful!

      Chelsey