Re: [beemonitoring] Solo cups?

  • cmcdon@email.arizona.edu
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 27, 2008
      Michael,

      Try a local restaurant supply company or packaging company or catering supply
      company (you may have to dig through the phone book). These companies may not
      carry the solo brand, but they usually have a variety of little bowls and
      usually have the appropriate size. In addition (or at least in Tucson) they
      will let you buy a sleeve rather than a case.

      Good Luck,

      Chris

      Quoting Michael Wilson <mwilso14@...>:

      > We (2 students and major prof. at UTK) are having trouble obtaining
      > the white Solo soufflé cups, model [P325W 0001]. The main company
      > doesn't seem interested in selling less than a truck load and we can't
      > get cooperation from the local distributer either.
      >
      > Does anyone have spare cups they would be willing to sell or other
      > sources for white? Black and clear seem popular online but I'm not
      > seeing white. Does black paint up OK? We need about 100-150 or more.
      >
      > Thank you,
      > Michael Wilson
      > Entomology and Plant Pathology
      > University of Tennessee, Knoxville
      > mwilso14@...
    • Priscilla Titus
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 27, 2008
        You can get them on ebay in individual sleeves, though white can be hard to find:

        http://cgi.ebay.com/3-25-oz-Plastic-Souffle-Portion-cups-containers-no-lids_W0QQitemZ130187030463QQihZ003QQcategoryZ25382QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem
        Priscilla Titus

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 27, 2008
          All:

          The white solo portion cups ([P325W 0001) are difficult to find outside of a special order.  However, I have about 10,000 of them (the distributor likes me) and am glad to sell them at cost to anyone for 3.6 cents a piece.  Just make the check out to the Polistes Foundation.  If you don't mind painting white in addition to the fl yellow and fl blue as Priscilla has mentioned the transparent ones are very available on the web (P325).

          sam

          Sam Droege  Sam_Droege@...

          Uber allen Gipfeln
          Ist Ruh,
          In allen Wipfeln
          Spurest du
          Kaum einen Hauch:
          Die Vogelein scweigen im Walde.
          Warte nur! Balde
          Ruhest du auch.
           - Goethe

          Priscilla Titus <priscillatitus@...>
          Sent by: beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com

          02/27/2008 11:28 AM

          Please respond to
          beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com

          beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com
          cc
          Subject
          Re: [beemonitoring] Solo cups?

          mwilso14@...>:

          > We (2 students and major prof. at UTK) are having trouble obtaining
          > the white Solo soufflé cups, model [P325W 0001]. The main company
          > doesn't seem interested in selling less than a truck load and we can't
          > get cooperation from the local distributer either.
          >
          > Does anyone have spare cups they would be willing to sell or other
          > sources for white? Black and clear seem popular online but I'm not
          > seeing white. Does black paint up OK? We need about 100-150 or more.
          >
          > Thank you,
          > Michael Wilson
          > Entomology and Plant Pathology
          > University of Tennessee, Knoxville

          mwilso14@...

        • Wilson, Michael E
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 27, 2008
            Thanks Sam. I guess we will go ahead and order 300 to have plenty.
            How much should I add for shipping & handling?

            We plan to buy the paint from guerrapaint.com, following your tip sheet.

            Thanks,
            Michael Wilson

            The white solo portion cups ([P325W 0001) are difficult to find outside of
            a special order. However, I have about 10,000 of them (the distributor
            likes me) and am glad to sell them at cost to anyone for 3.6 cents a
            piece. Just make the check out to the Polistes Foundation. If you don't
            mind painting white in addition to the fl yellow and fl blue as Priscilla
            has mentioned the transparent ones are very available on the web (P325).

            sam

            Sam Droege Sam_Droege@...
            BARC-EAST, BLDG 308, RM 124 10300 Balt. Ave., Beltsville, MD 20705
            Http://www.pwrc.usgs.gov

            cmcdon@... wrote:
            Michael,

            Try a local restaurant supply company or packaging company or catering
            supply
            company (you may have to dig through the phone book). These companies may
            not
            carry the solo brand, but they usually have a variety of little bowls and
            usually have the appropriate size. In addition (or at least in Tucson)
            they
            will let you buy a sleeve rather than a case.

            Good Luck,

            Chris

            Quoting Michael Wilson <mwilso14@...>:

            > We (2 students and major prof. at UTK) are having trouble obtaining
            > the white Solo soufflé cups, model [P325W 0001]. The main company
            > doesn't seem interested in selling less than a truck load and we can't
            > get cooperation from the local distributer either.
            >
            > Does anyone have spare cups they would be willing to sell or other
            > sources for white? Black and clear seem popular online but I'm not
            > seeing white. Does black paint up OK? We need about 100-150 or more.
            >
            > Thank you,
            > Michael Wilson
            > Entomology and Plant Pathology
            > University of Tennessee, Knoxville
            > mwilso14@...

            Search.
          • Karen Wetherill
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 28, 2008
              If you can only find the darker colors, I have used krylon fusion white as
              a primer. Fusion is a new primer that is especially designed to bind with
              plastic. I use buchmann funnel traps and buy blue automotive funnels.
              The fusion covers the blue of the funnel in one coat. Then I re-paint
              with my blue and yellow colors. Karen