Carpenter bee question

  • PouleP
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2012

      Hi,

      for the past month or so I have been tracking the activities of some carpenter bees (xylocopa caffra – white and yellow banded / senior Vachal) on a Polygala myrtifolia and I am puzzled because I NEVER see a male carpenter bee on that tree. Do male and female carpenter bees prefer different plants?

      There is also one type of butterfly who seems to love the bush – does anyone know its name? I lost the name of the shrub and have been trying to re-identify it.

      Thank you also to those who replied in helping me identify the carpenter bee a while ago.

      Your help is really appreciated.

      Take care out there.

      hen