3/21/12 at 5pm, second bee observed in the central/NY meadow.

  • Charles
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2012
      I need to crack the books/do my own homework..but this the second encounter with bees in my open spaces.

      A large population of these close to the grass tip level swarming bees encountered, as puppy and I crossed the meadow heading further on our hike.

      Unlike the single huge Bombus bee I observed in a fodder-crop field (no flowers in that field when i posted a day or so ago)..in my meadow...quite a few low to ground 'violets' are in open flower status today..and a large population of these fast moveing bees were active at grass level. As they moved fast and frenzied (never staying in one place over a few seconds!)..I was,nt sure if they were bees or some sort of flies.

      Here is the link to my silly forum album with images of this bee: