Effect of geography on seasonality

  • Asif Sajjad
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 2012
      Hello All,
                   I am working on distribution of wheat aphids these days in Pakistan. Here we find all types of landscapes and climates. Last year, I found Schizaphis graminum during February to March in the plains (250 feet from sea level) while during June to July at mountains (7000 feet from sea level). This gives the idea of the effect of geography or climate on seasonality of insects. I am unable to find any supportive reference if it is true. Anyone knows about such examples among pollinators?

      Regards

      --
      Asif Sajjad
      Project Coordinator