Summer job working on bees and pollination in Connecticut

  • Stoner, Kimberly
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 12, 2012

    Hi beemonitoring crowd,

    Want a summer job?

    I have some funding for research on pollination of pumpkin and squash and other bee-related projects.  The 5 positions go from May 1 to October 31. You won’t get rich, but you will get out onto Connecticut vegetable farms and collect a lot of bees.  During pumpkin and squash pollination, you will delve deeply into the question of whether there are pollination deficits in these crops, and you will be part of a team studying factors that may be affecting pumpkin pollinators (pathogens, pesticides, landscape biodiversity).

    As it says in the attached announcement, send your information to my Department Head, Kirby Stafford.

    Good luck,

    Kim Stoner,

    The Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station