something weirder than Catching insects with beer

  • Laurence Packer
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2012
      Back in the middle ages when I was a graduate student, folks working in a nearby
      lab were studying what attracts blackflies to humans.  They had some scents that they
      wished to test as attractants and wanted to cover the vials with something with a
      consistency similar to human skin.  Every week they would drive to the nearest
      pharmacy (they were working in a moderately remote location) and ask for a gross
      of condoms, for which they requested a receipt.

      best wishes

      laurence