RE: [beemonitoring] Catching insects with beer

  • David_r_smith@fws.gov
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2012

      When someone successfully fills a requisition with their agency for enough beer, schnapps or rum to do a full seasons bee inventory, let me know how you did it.  My supervisor will just laugh at me.

      Dave
    • Laurence Packer
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2012
        Back in the middle ages when I was a graduate student, folks working in a nearby
        lab were studying what attracts blackflies to humans.  They had some scents that they
        wished to test as attractants and wanted to cover the vials with something with a
        consistency similar to human skin.  Every week they would drive to the nearest
        pharmacy (they were working in a moderately remote location) and ask for a gross
        of condoms, for which they requested a receipt.

        best wishes

        laurence