Spelling Dictionary of bee names and some morphological parts now available

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2012

      All

      I am a poor speller and often get the names of bees and morphological parts wrong.   Unfortunately, most of those names are not in the spell checker....how aggravating.  You can add them individually, but that takes a long time.  It turns out that you can simply create your own dictionary and add it to many software programs as a supplemental dictionary.

      I have created one that works with WORD and likely works from other programs too.  It contains all the genera and species names for bees of North America north of Mexico (thanks John Ascher for gathering all these names) though it may not contain some of the most recent names (but they can easily be added).  The file format is very simple, is is just an ascii file with each word on a separate line.  Once on your computer this file needs only be transferred to a place where software can find it.  On my computer this is AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/UProof.

      Read the help file for whatever software you have to find out where to put a supplemental dictionary.

      You can download my file at:

      ftp://ftpext.usgs.gov/pub/er/md/laurel/Droege/

      under beenames.dic

      Study Nature

          I do.
          Victim.