reprints

  • Claus
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 19, 2008
      Greetings,

      While organizing the collection area of the Illinois Natural History
      Survey, Champaign, IL, we came across a few duplicate reprint titles
      that has to go now due to lack of space. We have many copies of;

      LaBerge WE. 1956. Catalogue of the types in the Snow entomological
      museum. part I (Hymenoptera). University of Kansas science bulletin.
      38: 501-514.

      ----------. 1980. A revision of the bees of the genus Andrena of the
      western hemisphere. Part X. Subgenus Andrena. Transactions of the
      American entomological society. 106: 395-525.

      ----------. 1986. A revision of the bees of the genus Andrena of the
      western hemisphere. Part XI. Minor subgenera and subgeneric key.
      Transactions of the American entomological society. 111: 441-567.

      ----------. 1987. A revision of the bees of the genus Andrena of the
      western hemisphere. Part XII. Subgenera Leucandrena, Ptilandrena,
      Scoliandrena, and Melandrena. Transactions of the American
      entomological society. 1987: 191-248.

      LaBerge WE, Webb MC. 1962. The bumblebees of Nebraska. Research
      bulletin (University of Nebraska college of agriculture). 205: 1-38.

      Ribble DW. 1974. A revision of the bees of the genus Andrena of the
      western hemisphere, subgenus Scaphandrena. Transactions of the
      American entomological society. 100: 101-189.

      There are also some smaller papers by Dr. LaBerge. Please, if anyone
      should be interested, forward me your printed address and 2.81$ in
      stamps to cover media mail postage to anywhere in the US and I will
      ship it to you while supplies last. A few we have more than 100 copies
      of, so most of the titles should be ok. If you want multiple copies,
      just multiply the stamps.

      As a reminder, any bee loan or other collection related inquires,
      please direct it to Dr. Tinerella <ptinerll@...>, the collection
      manager.

      Cheers,

      Claus Rasmussen
      Department of Entomology
      University of Illinois
      320 Morrill Hall
      505 S. Goodwin Ave.
      Urbana, IL 61801, USA
    • Claus
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 19, 2008
        Friends,

        I am sorry I was unclear on this; the stamps for media mail shipping
        (total 2.81$) cover ALL of the different titles sent in a single
        envelope. The total weight is about 2 lb. 4 oz. If you want multiple
        copies of the FULL SET, then just multiply - if you just want one of
        each, then the mail lady told me it would only be 2.81$ for shipping
        within the US.

        Cheers,

        Claus

        --- In beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com, "Claus" <alrunen@...> wrote:

        > Greetings,
        >
        > While organizing the collection area of the Illinois Natural History
        > Survey, Champaign, IL, we came across a few duplicate reprint titles
        > that has to go now due to lack of space. We have many copies of;
        >
        > LaBerge WE. 1956. Catalogue of the types in the Snow entomological
        > museum. part I (Hymenoptera). University of Kansas science bulletin.
        > 38: 501-514.
        >
        > ----------. 1980. A revision of the bees of the genus Andrena of the
        > western hemisphere. Part X. Subgenus Andrena. Transactions of the
        > American entomological society. 106: 395-525.
        >
        > ----------. 1986. A revision of the bees of the genus Andrena of the
        > western hemisphere. Part XI. Minor subgenera and subgeneric key.
        > Transactions of the American entomological society. 111: 441-567.
        >
        > ----------. 1987. A revision of the bees of the genus Andrena of the
        > western hemisphere. Part XII. Subgenera Leucandrena, Ptilandrena,
        > Scoliandrena, and Melandrena. Transactions of the American
        > entomological society. 1987: 191-248.
        >
        > LaBerge WE, Webb MC. 1962. The bumblebees of Nebraska. Research
        > bulletin (University of Nebraska college of agriculture). 205: 1-38.
        >
        > Ribble DW. 1974. A revision of the bees of the genus Andrena of the
        > western hemisphere, subgenus Scaphandrena. Transactions of the
        > American entomological society. 100: 101-189.
        >
        > There are also some smaller papers by Dr. LaBerge. Please, if anyone
        > should be interested, forward me your printed address and 2.81$ in
        > stamps to cover media mail postage to anywhere in the US and I will
        > ship it to you while supplies last. A few we have more than 100 copies
        > of, so most of the titles should be ok. If you want multiple copies,
        > just multiply the stamps.
        >
        > As a reminder, any bee loan or other collection related inquires,
        > please direct it to Dr. Tinerella <ptinerll@...>, the collection
        > manager.
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > Claus Rasmussen
        > Department of Entomology
        > University of Illinois
        > 320 Morrill Hall
        > 505 S. Goodwin Ave.
        > Urbana, IL 61801, USA

      • Michael Veit
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 20, 2008
          Greetings Claus,

          I am very interested in the reprints. Would you prefer that I send a
          check for $2.81 of the actual stamps?

          Thanks,

          Michael Veit
          Lawrence Academy
          1 Powderhouse Road
          Groton, MA 01450

        • frozenbeedoc@cs.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 20, 2008
            Claus,
            I'd like a copy of each on your list.  Will send a check ASAP.

            Thanks,
            Anita Collins
          • Logan Williams
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 21, 2008
              Claus,
              I put the stamps in the mail yesterday.  Thanks in advance for the reprints!  Logan Williams

              Claus wrote:

[...]

              please direct it to Dr. Tinerella <ptinerll@uiuc. edu>, the collection
              manager.

              Cheers,

              Claus Rasmussen
              Department of Entomology
              University of Illinois
              320 Morrill Hall
              505 S. Goodwin Ave.
              Urbana, IL 61801, USA

            • Claus
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 28, 2008
                Greetings,

                The reprints went out today by media mail. Thanks to all of you for
                your interest. One of the papers was in short supply, but I was able
                to locate some other papers to hopefully make an interesting batch for
                all of you.

                Just in case you now realize that there are more Andrena or eucerines
                to identify than the keys will help with, or if you would like to read
                more papers of LaBerge, here is a complete (?) list of his
                publications (excepting a few book reviews). The library should be
                able to provide copies of most of these.

                Cheers,

                Claus

                LaBerge publication list:

                Birmingham, F., Riddick, E.W., LaBerge, W.E., Wheeler, J.W., &
                Duffield, R.M. (1984) Exocrine secretions of bees IX. Aliphatic esters
                in the Dufour's gland secretions of Synhalonia hamata. Journal of the
                Washington academy of sciences, 74, 47-50.

                Bouseman, J.K. & LaBerge, W.E. (1979) A revision of the bees of the
                genus Andrena of the western hemisphere, Part IX. Subgenus Melandrena.
                Transactions of the American entomological society, 104, 275-389.

                Cane, J.H., Buchmann, S.L., & LaBerge, W.E. (1992) The solitary bee
                Melissodes thelypodii thelypodii Cockerell (Hymenoptera:
                Anthophoridae) collects pollen from wind-pollinated Amaranthus palmeri
                Watson. Pan-Pacific entomologist, 68, 97-99.

                Davis, L.R. & LaBerge, W.E. (1975) The nest biology of the bee Andrena
                (Ptilandrena) erigeniae Robertson (Hymenoptera: Andrenidae).
                Biological notes, Illinois natural history survey, 95, 1-16.

                Dibble, A.C., Drummond, F.A., & Laberge, W.E. (1997) Floral syndrome
                in Amelanchier nantucketensis (Rosaceae). II. Bee preference and
                diversity associated with andropetaly. Canadian journal of botany, 75,
                1860-1867.

                Dubois, M.B. & LaBerge, W.E. (1988). Annotated list of ants in
                Illinois (Hymenoptera: Formicidae). In: J.C. Trager (Ed.), Advances in
                myrmecology, E.J. Brill, Gainesville, FL, pp. 133-156.

                Duffield, R.M., LaBerge, W.E., Cane, J.H., & Wheeler, J.W. (1982)
                Exocrine secretions of bees. IV. Macrocyclic lactones and isopentenyl
                esters in Dufour's gland secretions of Nomia bees (Hymenoptera:
                Halictidae). Journal of chemical ecology, 8, 535-543.

                Duffield, R.M., LaBerge, W.E., & Wheeler, J.W. (1984) Exocrine
                secretions of bees-VII. Aliphatic esters in the dufour's gland
                secretion of Svastra obliqua obliqua (Hymenoptera: Antophoridae).
                Comparative biochemistry and physiology, 78B, 47-50.

                Fernandes, A., Duffield, R.M., Wheeler, J.W., & LaBerge, W.E. (1980)
                Chemistry of the Dufour's gland secretions of North American andrenid
                bees (Hymenoptera: Andrenidae). Journal of chemical ecology, 7, 453-463.

                Freimuth, G. & LaBerge, W.E. (1976) Dating and environmental
                reconstruction from prehistoric mud-dauber nests: some possibilities.
                Plains anthropologist, 21-72, 111-114.

                Heydon, S.L. & LaBerge, W.E. (1988) A review of North American species
                of Sphegigaster north of Mexico and the biology of their hosts
                (Hymenoptera, Pteromalidae). Journal of the Kansas entomological
                society, 61, 258-277.

                Hirashima, Y. & LaBerge, W.E. (1964) Systematics and biological
                studies of the family Andrenidae of Japan (Hymenoptera, Apoidea), Part
                2. Systematics, 4. Journal of the faculty of agriculture, Kyushu
                university, 13, 71-97 [71-72].

                Hurd, P.D., LaBerge, W.E., & Linsley, E.G. (1980) Principal sunflower
                bees of North America with emphasis on the southwestern United States
                (Hymenoptera: Apoidea). Smithsonian contributions to zoology, 310, 1-158.

                Kalhorn, K.D., Barrows, E.M., & LaBerge, W.E. (2003) Bee (Hymenoptera:
                Apoidea: Apiformes) diversity in an appalachian shale barrens. Journal
                of the Kansas entomological society, 76, 455-468.

                Kehr, W.R. & LaBerge, W.E. (1966) Cross-pollination of alfalfa in
                cages with honeybees. Crop science, 6, 91-93.

                Kevan, P.G. & LaBerge, W.E. (1979) Demise and recovery of native
                pollinator populations through pesticide use and some economic
                implications. Maryland Agricultural Experiment Station Special
                Miscellaneous Publication, College Park, Maryland, USA, 1, 489-508.

                LaBerge, W.E. (1952) Locality records of two ants found in Kansas.
                Journal of the Kansas entomological society, 25, 59.

                LaBerge, W.E. (1953) A note on a phorid parasite of Pheidole dentata
                Mayr. Journal of the Kansas entomological society, 26, 69.

                LaBerge, W.E. (1955) Bees of the genus Anthedonia Michener in North
                America (Hymenoptera, Apidae). Journal of the Kansas entomological
                society, 28, 132-135.

                LaBerge, W.E. (1956) A revision of the bees of the genus Melissodes in
                North and Central America. Part I (Hymenoptera, Apidae). University of
                Kansas science bulletin, 37, 911-1194.

                LaBerge, W.E. (1956) Catalogue of the types in the Snow entomological
                museum. part I (Hymenoptera). University of Kansas science bulletin,
                38, 501-514.

                LaBerge, W.E. (1956) A revision of the bees of the genus Melissodes in
                North and Central America. Part II (Hymenoptera, Apidae). University
                of Kansas science bulletin, 38, 533-578.

                LaBerge, W.E. (1957) The genera of bees of the tribe Eucerini in North
                and Central America (Hymenoptera, Apoidea). American museum novitates,
                1837, 1-44.

                LaBerge, W.E. (1958) Notes on the Noth and Central American bees of
                the genus Svastra Holmberg (Hymenoptera: Apidae). Journal of the
                Kansas entomological society, 31, 266-273.

                LaBerge, W.E. (1958) Notes on the genus Gaesischia Michener, LaBerge
                and Moure, with descriptions of a new species and subgenus from
                Mexico. Pan-Pacific entomologist, 34, 195-202.

                LaBerge, W.E. (1961) A revision of the bees of the genus Melissodes in
                North and Central America. Part III (Hymenoptera, Apidae). University
                of Kansas science bulletin, 42, 283-663.

                LaBerge, W.E. (1962) Neotype designation for Melissodes leprieuri
                Blanchard (Hymenoptera: Apoidea). Entomological news, 73, 164-165.

                LaBerge, W.E. (1963) New species and records of little-known species
                of Melissodes from North America (Hymenoptera: Anthophoridae).
                Bulletin of the University of Nebraska state museum, 4, 227-242.

                LaBerge, W.E. (1963) Melissodes fonscolombei Romand, 1841 (Insecta,
                Hymenoptera); proposed suppression under the plenary powers as a nomen
                dubium Z.N.(S.) 862. Bulletin of zoological nomenclature, 20, 292-293.

                LaBerge, W.E. (1963) Records of the genus Svastra in North America
                with the description of a new species (Hymenoptera: Apidae). Journal
                of the Kansas entomological society, 36, 52-56.

                LaBerge, W.E. (1964) Prodromus of American bees of the genus Andrena
                (Hymenoptera, Apoidea). Bulletin of the University of Nebraska state
                museum, 4, 279-316.

                LaBerge, W.E. (1967) A revision of the bees of the genus Andrena of
                the western hemisphere, Part I. Callandrena. Bulletin of the
                University of Nebraska state museum, 7, 1-318.

                LaBerge, W.E. (1968) A new bee of the genus Andrena from India
                (Hymenoptera: Andrenidae). The entomologist, 101, 101-104.

                LaBerge, W.E. (1969) A revision of the bees of the genus Andrena of
                the western hemisphere, Part II. Plastandrena, Aporandrena,
                Charitandrena. Transactions of the American entomological society, 95,
                1-47.

                LaBerge, W.E. (1970) A new genus with three new species of eucerine
                bees from Mexico (Hymenoptera: Anthophoridae). Journal of the Kansas
                entomological society, 43, 321-328.

                LaBerge, W.E. (1971) A new subgenus of Andrena found in California and
                Oregon (Hymenoptera: Apoidea). Pan-Pacific entomologist, 47, 47-57.

                LaBerge, W.E. (1971) A revision of the bees of the genus Andrena of
                the western hemisphere, Part IV. Scrapteropsis, Xiphandrena and
                Rhaphandrena. Transactions of the American entomological society, 97,
                441-520.

                LaBerge, W.E. (1972) A revision of the bees of the genus Andrena of
                the western hemisphere, Part V. Gonandrena, Geissandrena, Parandrena,
                Pelicandrena. Transactions of the American entomological society, 98,
                271-358.

                LaBerge, W.E. (1973) The bee genus Proteriades in South Dakota
                (Hymenoptera: Megachilidae). Entomological news, 84, 160.

                LaBerge, W.E. (1973) A revision of the bees of the genus Andrena of
                the western hemisphere, Part VI. Subgenus Trachandrena. Transactions
                of the American entomological society, 99, 235-371.

                LaBerge, W.E. (1977) A revision of the bees of the genus Andrena of
                the western hemisphere, Part VIII. Subgenus Thysandrena, Dasyandrena,
                Psammandrena, Rhacandrena, Euandrena and Oxyandrena. Transactions of
                the American entomological society, 103, 1-143.

                LaBerge, W.E. (1978) Andrena (Callandrena) micheneriana, a remarkable
                new bee from Arizona and Mexico (Apoidea: Andrenidae). Journal of the
                Kansas entomological society, 51, 592-596.

                LaBerge, W.E. (1980) A revision of the bees of the genus Andrena of
                the western hemisphere. Part X. Subgenus Andrena. Transactions of the
                American entomological society, 106, 395-525.

                LaBerge, W.E. (1986) The zoogeography of Andrena Fabricius
                (Hymenoptera: Andrenidae) of the Western Hemisphere. In Proceedings of
                the Ninth North American prairie conference eds G.K. Clambey & R.H.
                Pemble. Tri-College University center for environmental studies,
                Fargo, ND.

                LaBerge, W.E. (1986("1985")) A revision of the bees of the genus
                Andrena of the western hemisphere. Part XI. Minor subgenera and
                subgeneric key. Transactions of the American entomological society,
                111, 441-567.

                LaBerge, W.E. (1987) A revision of the bees of the genus Andrena of
                the western hemisphere. Part XII. Subgenera Leucandrena, Ptilandrena,
                Scoliandrena, and Melandrena. Transactions of the American
                entomological society, 1987, 191-248.

                LaBerge, W.E. (1988) Lewis J. Stannard 1918-1988. Bulletin of the
                entomological society of America, 34, 215.

                LaBerge, W.E. (1989) A review of the bees of the genus Pectinapis
                (Hymenoptera: Anthophoridae). Journal of the Kansas entomological
                society, 62, 524-527.

                LaBerge, W.E. (1989) A revision of the bees of the genus Andrena of
                the western hemisphere. Part XIII. Subgenera Simandrena and
                Taeniandrena. Transactions of the American entomological society, 115,
                1-56.

                LaBerge, W.E. (1992) New records for Agapanthinus callophila
                (Hymenoptera: Anthophoridae), a bee rare in collections. Entomological
                news, 103, 210-211.

                LaBerge, W.E. (1994) Status of some species names of Eucerine bees
                (Hymenoptera: Apoidea) proposed by Lepeletier in 1841. Entomological
                news, 105, 280-282.

                LaBerge, W.E. (1994) A new species of Syntrichalonia from Mexico
                (Hymenoptera: Apidae). Journal of the Kansas entomological society,
                67, 283-287.

                LaBerge, W.E. (1995) Case 2945. Melissodes desponsa Smith, 1854 and M.
                agilis Cresson, 1878 (Insecta, Hymenoptera): proposed conservation of
                the specific names. Bulletin of zoological nomenclature, 52, 159-161.

                LaBerge, W.E. (2001) Revision of the bees of the genus Tetraloniella
                in the New World (Hymenoptera: Apidae). Illinois natural history
                survey bulletin, 36, 67-162.

                LaBerge, W.E. & Bouseman, J.K. (1970) A revision of the bees of the
                genus Andrena of the western hemisphere, Part III. Tylandrena.
                Transactions of the American entomological society, 96, 543-605.

                LaBerge, W.E. & Bouseman, J.K. (1977) On the systematic position of
                three black Andrena from Western North America (Hymenoptera:
                Andrenidae). Journal of the Kansas entomological society, 50, 602-612.

                LaBerge, W.E. & Hurd, P.D. (1965) A new subgenus and species of
                matinal Andrena from the flowers of Sicyos (Cucurbitaceae) in Mexico
                (Hymenoptera: Apoidea). Pan-Pacific entomologist, 41, 186-193.

                LaBerge, W.E. & Isakson, O.W. (1963) The nest of Lasioglossum
                (Chloralictus) zephyrus (Smith) in Wyoming (Hymenoptera, Halictidae).
                Entomological news, 74, 113-116.

                LaBerge, W.E., Isakson, O.W., & Kehr, W.R. (1965) Native insects as
                pollinators of caged alfalfa clones and seedling performance of the
                progeny. Journal of economic entomology, 58, 63-66.

                LaBerge, W.E. & Michener, C.D. (1963) Deltoptila, a middle american
                genus of anthophorine bees (Hymenoptera, Apoidea). Bulletin of the
                Nebraska state museum, 4, 211-225.

                LaBerge, W.E. & Moure, J.S. (1962) Type specimens of American Eucerini
                bees deposited in the British Museum (Hymenoptera-Apoidea). Boletim da
                universidade federal do ParanĂ¡, Zoologia, 11, 1-12.

                LaBerge, W.E. & Ribble, D.W. (1966) Biology of Florilegus condignus
                (Hymenoptera: Anthophoridae), with a description of its larva, and
                remarks on its importance in alfalfa pollination. Annals of the
                entomological society of America, 59, 944-950.

                LaBerge, W.E. & Ribble, D.W. (1966) The nests and larvae of two
                species of Agapostemon (Hymenoptera: Halictidae). Journal of the
                Kansas entomological society, 39, 467-472.

                LaBerge, W.E. & Ribble, D.W. (1975) A revision of the bees of the
                genus Andrena of the western hemisphere. Part VII. Subgenus Euandrena.
                Transactions of the American entomological society, 101, 371-446.

                LaBerge, W.E. & Thorp, R.W. (2005) A revision of the bees of the genus
                Andrena of the western hemisphere. Part XIV. Subgenus Onagrandrena.
                Illinois natural history survey bulletin, 37, 1-63.

                LaBerge, W.E. & Webb, M.C. (1962) The bumblebees of Nebraska. Research
                bulletin (University of Nebraska college of agriculture), 205, 1-38.

                Marlin, J.C. & LaBerge, W.E. (2001) The native bee fauna of
                Carlinville, Illinois, revisited after 75 years: a case for
                persistence. Conservation Ecology, 5, 9. [online] URL:
                http://www.consecol.org/vol5/iss1/art9.

                Michener, C.D. & LaBerge, W.E. (1954) A large Bombus nest from Mexico.
                Psyche, 61, 63-67.

                Michener, C.D., LaBerge, W.E., & Moure, J.S. (1955) Canephorulini, a
                tribe of South American bees (Hymenopt.-Apoidea). Dusenia, 6, 207-212.

                Michener, C.D., LaBerge, W.E., & Moure, J.S. (1955) Some american
                Eucerini bees. Dusenia, 6, 213-230.

                Ross, H.H., Rotramel, G.L., & LaBerge, W.E. (1971) A synopsis of
                common and economic Illinois ants, with keys to the genera
                (Hymenoptera, Formicidae). Biological notes, Illinois natural history
                survey, 71, 1-22.

                Schrader, M.N. & LaBerge, W.E. (1978) The nest biology of the bees
                Andrena (Melandrena) regularis Malloch and Andrena (Melandrena)
                carlini Cockerell (Hymenoptera: Andrenidae). Biological notes,
                Illinois natural history survey, 108, 1-24.

                Thorp, R.W. & LaBerge, W.E. (2005) A revision of the bees of the genus
                Andrena of the western hemisphere. Part XV. Subgenus Hesperandrena.
                Illinois natural history survey bulletin, 37, 64-93.

                Walbauer, G.P. & LaBerge, W.E. (1985) Phenological relationships of
                wasps, bumblebees, their mimics and insectivorous birds in northern
                Michigan. Ecological entomology, 10, 99-110.

                Zavortink, T.J. & LaBerge, W.E. (1976) Bees of the genus Martinapis
                Cockerell in North America. Wasmann journal of biology, 34, 119-145.
              • Jamese_Hemsley@nps.gov
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 5, 2008
                  Good Afternoon. Claus,

                  Unfortunately I was on leave during the whole reprint offer, are reprints
                  still available for those who are interested?

                  Thanks.

                  Jamese Hemsley
                  Natural Resources Park Ranger
                  National Capital Parks-East
                  1900 Anacostia Drive, S.E.
                  Washington D.C. 20020

                  Logan Williams
                  <loganwilliams@dot.s To: beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com
                  tate.nc.us> cc: (bcc: Jamese Hemsley/NACE/NPS)
                  Sent by: Subject: Re: [beemonitoring] reprints
                  beemonitoring@yahoog
                  roups.com

                  02/21/2008 06:59 AM
                  EST
                  Please respond to
                  beemonitoring

                  Claus wrote:
[...]

                  (Embedded image moved to file: pic25128.gif)(Embedded image moved to
                  file: pic02111.gif)
                • scan_editor_brg@bellsouth.net
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 7, 2008
                    Sam,
                    Can I get reprints also?
                    Although I can't key bees right now, hopefully by next year I can do more than just collect them.
                    ben
                    --
                    Ben Gregory, Secretary
                    South Carolina Association of

                    -------------- Original message from Jamese_Hemsley@...: --------------

                    Claus wrote:
[...]

                    320 Morrill Hall< BR>505 S. Goodwin Ave.