Re: [beemonitoring] Vane Traps

  • David_r_smith@fws.gov
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 20, 2012

      Robinson,

      Probably cheaper in the long run to buy them after you consider buying the plastic, painting it, cutting it, purchasing all the components, etc.

      I hope to try using elevated 12 oz cups next year along the Colorado River.  I plan to mount 4" inch rings on PVC and set the PVC over a peice of rebar pounded in the ground.  I figure you can put them as hig as you want that way.  This way the trap can be set as high as the flowering portions of the vegetation you are sampling near.

      Just a thought,

      Dave