March 23-25 ID course Lasioglossum (Dialictus)

  • Joan Milam
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 12, 2012

    A workshop on the identification of eastern Lasioglossum (Dialictus) taught by Dr. Jason Gibbs at the University of Massachusetts – Amherst, March 23 – 25, 2012.
    The workshop is intended for participants with prior experience with this tricky group of bees and will not cover the basics. We will be using Dr. Gibbs’ new keys:

    ·          Gibbs, J. (2011) Revision of the metallic Lasioglossum (Dialictus) of eastern North America (Hymenoptera: Halictidae: Halictini). Zootaxa, 3073, 1–216
    Gibbs, J. (2010) Revision of the metallic Lasioglossum (Dialictus) of Canada (Hymenoptera, Halictidae, Halictini). Zootaxa, 2591, 1–382.

    Participants will provide their own microscopes and lights (we may have a couple extra microscopes).
    The course is limited to 16 participants and will be filled on a first come/first serve basis.

    See attached for additional details.

    Please contact Joan Milam at the University of Massachusetts (jmilam@...) if you would like to attend.

    Thank you,

    Joan Milam
    Adjunct Research Fellow
    Department of Environmental Conservation
    Holdsworth Hall
    University of Massachusetts
    160 Holdsworth Way
    Amherst, MA 01003-9285