Vaccinium arboreum pollinators

  • Javorek, Steve
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 10, 2012

      Hey Folks;

      I was wondering if anyone has information on pollinators of Vaccinium arboreum.  There seems to be a fair amount of “pollinator gardening” info suggesting bees visit V. arboreum but I can’t seem to track down any published papers referring to the actual pollinators.

      Any help would be greatly appreciated;

      Steve

      Steven K. Javorek

      Research Biologist (Biodiversity / Landscape Ecology)
      Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada/Agriculture et Agroalimentaire Canada
      Telephone/Téléphone: (902) 679-5361

      Mobile: (902) 791-0991
      Facsimile/Télécopieur: (902) 679-2311

      32 Main Street

      Kentville, Nova Scotia
      B4N 1J5
      javoreks@...

      Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada - Agriculture et Agroalimentaire Canada

    • Jack Neff
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 10, 2012
        In Texas, visitors to the beloved farkleberry include Habropoda laboriosa, Bombus impatiens, Colletes productus, Colletes thoracius, Xylocopa virginica, Andrena dollomellea, Agapostemon splendens and Colletes mandibularis.  The first five are probably major pollinators, the rest more occasional. I am not aware of any published reports.

        best

        Jack