microscope digital display devices

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 11, 2008

      In the last bee identification workshop Rob Jean and I hosted it became clear that it would be very useful to have a means of displaying images on a screen or computer from a compound microscope.  With such a device we can give lectures on the fine details of pulling genitalia and difficult to see characters.  Additionally, it would allow me to host identification workshops via conference calls and the Web-X software we have.

      If any of you have any suggestions in terms of equipment to get or not to get please drop me a line directly at:  sdroege@....  I will then summarize what was said and post it back to the group for reference.

      (Thanks Marie and Deana for getting this conversation going.)

      sam

      Sam Droege  Sam_Droege@...

      In the Microscope

      Here too are the dreaming landscapes,
      lunar, derelict.
      Here too are the masses,
      tillers of the soil.
      And cells, fighters
      who lay down their lives for a song.

      Here too are cemeteries,
      fame and snow.
      And I hear the murmuring,
      the revolt of immense estates.

              -- Miroslav Holub
    • David Inouye

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 11, 2008
          I have been using this for a while now and it is very good for just
          quick and easy photos (not automontage).

          http://www.madelltech.com/DCM130Camera.html

          We picked it up for 150 dollars and it produces excellent pictures.

          It fits right into the ocular and has multiple attachments for
          differing ocular sizes. You remove the ocular to use it so there is
          no wobbly attachment issues.

          It runs on usb2.0 and obviously requires a computer.

          Dan Kjar