New Blogsite on an effort to protect the dwarf honey bee - Apis florea

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 15, 2011
      All

      I just received a note below on a new blog regarding Apis florea - The dwarf honeybee.

      Interestingly, I also learned that this species has recently invaded Israel...so there appears to be both questions about its decline and questions about its expansion going on.

      Anyone with more information about this species' status?

      sam

      Hi

      Welcome to view the blog and give me support in my effort to protect dwarf honey bees.Several news reports says that HoneyBees are disappearing!!!!!.....We need to do everything possible to protect them, since crop production decreases to a great extend if pollination don't happens due to the non availability of honey bees...It will affect our food security also...

      http://dwarfhoney.blogspot.com/

      Pls forward to your friends interested in environment protection.

      Thanks
      Sunil

      -----------------------------------

              The Waving Of The Corn

      Ploughman, whose gnarly hand yet kindly wheeled
      Thy plough to ring this solitary tree
      With clover, whose round plat, reserved a-field,
      In cool green radius twice my length may be --
      Scanting the corn thy furrows else might yield,
      To pleasure August, bees, fair thoughts, and me,
      That here come oft together -- daily I,
      Stretched prone in summer's mortal ecstasy,
      Do stir with thanks to thee, as stirs this morn
      With waving of the corn.

      Unseen, the farmer's boy from round the hill
      Whistles a snatch that seeks his soul unsought,
      And fills some time with tune, howbeit shrill;
      The cricket tells straight on his simple thought --
      Nay, 'tis the cricket's way of being still;
      The peddler bee drones in, and gossips naught;
      Far down the wood, a one-desiring dove
      Times me the beating of the heart of love:
      And these be all the sounds that mix, each morn,
      With waving of the corn.

      From here to where the louder passions dwell,
      Green leagues of hilly separation roll:
      Trade ends where yon far clover ridges swell.
      Ye terrible Towns, ne'er claim the trembling soul
      That, craftless all to buy or hoard or sell,
      From out your deadly complex quarrel stole
      To company with large amiable trees,
      Suck honey summer with unjealous bees,
      And take Time's strokes as softly as this morn
      Takes waving of the corn.

      Sidney Lanier