Pre- and Unpainted Bee Bowls or Pan Traps available for Sale from Non-Profit

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 14, 2011

      Its winter now and most of our bee and Hymenoptera collecting has come to a close as we process and identify specimens and write up publications. In the same time, this is also planning season and time to purchase new equipment for the coming year.

      Once such need is for painted pan traps or bowls.

      In the past getting pan traps meant you got them from either my shop or painted your own.  We are now mostly out of the business of supplying traps, but making your own traps means a lot of extra work finding bowls, paint, and time. However, there is an alternative ... using the services of New Horizons Supported Services whose wonderful crew of developmentally disabled workers paints and sells bowls. This is good, rewarding work for the the folks at New Horizons, who often find jobs difficult to come by, and, at this point, it is the only place that will provide you with pre-painted bowls!.

      The standard product is either the plain white unpainted Solo 3.25 ounce souffle cup or bowls painted fluorescent yellow or fluorescent blue. The fluorescent colors are custom made as listed in the Handy Bee Manual

      http://bio2.elmira.edu/fieldbio/

      Pricing for bowls is $0.19 for painted bowls and $0.05 for unpainted (white). Shipping costs average between $10-12.

      New Horizons is also open to painted other size and shape bowls and cups for you too.

      Please contact Cynthia Swift-King for more information or placing your order.

      Cynthia Swift-King, Associate Director

      New Horizons Supported Services

      16000 Trade Zone Avenue

      Upper Marlboro, Maryland 20774

      Tel: 301 249 0206 Fax: 301 249 4512

      email:
      cking@...

      They prefer payments be remitted via a credit card. Credit card payments can be made by going to
      www.nhssi.org, (1st click on “donations” and then input the total amount of the remittance). Checks are to be made payable to "New Horizon Supported Services, Inc."

      An invoice will be emailed to you and included with the shipment to indicate that they remittance was for the purchase of Bee bowls (as opposed to a donation)

      Please indicate the exact mailing address to be used to ship the bowls
      .

      sam

      Sam Droege sdroege@...

      BARC-EAST, BLDG 308, RM 124 10300 Balt. Ave., Beltsville, MD 20705

      Http://www.pwrc.usgs.gov

      This is what you shall do: Love the earth and sun and the animals, despise riches,
      give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your
      income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience
      and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown or
      to any man or number of men, go freely with powerful uneducated persons and with the
      young and with the mothers of families, read these leaves in the open air of every
      year of your life, re-examine all you have been told at school or church or in any
      book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great
      poem and have the richest fluency not only in its words but in the silent lines of
      its lips and face and between the lashes of your eyes and in every motion and joint of your body . . . .

      - Walt Whitman

    • Daniel Kjar