Apitoxin

  • hennetjie
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 19, 2011
      Hi everyone,

      a silly question, but I really want to know.

      Is apitoxin influenced in any way by the pollen or nectar the bee consumes,
      or is it constant?

      In other words, are there variations in toxidity, e.g. at various times in a
      season when bees visits increase to a plant species poisonous to humans?

      Have a good day.

      hen
    • Alicia Basilio
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 19, 2011
        I can tell that the genetic of honeybees influx apitoxin quality. I belive that food may have no effec, since venenom is  an active secretion under glandular control, but I don't read about it.
        Best regards
        Alicia