latitudinal gradients & cavity nest traps

  • caroline devan
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2011
      Hi all,
      I have been considering a project that would look at bee communities
      along a latitudinal gradient as a proxy for understanding climate
      change. I was wondering if this had been done often with bees. My
      ideas are in very early stages but I was thinking it might work to set
      up cavity trap nests as a way to monitor across such a large spatial
      scale. Does anyone have any suggestions when it comes to monitoring
      in this way? I appreciate any thoughts you might have on either of
      these concepts.
      Thanks,
      Caroline
      --