Re: [beemonitoring] Bombus affinis apparently alive and well on Beaver Island in Michigan!

  • Laurence Packer
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 15, 2011
      This is very interesting and very important - given the number of almost extinct organisms that remain on small islands!

      I do not know this place at all, is there any agriculture on it, much human movement to and from it?

      If it's a really small island then the large numbers of individuals could actually be the result of just a couple of queens and may not be sustainable.

      cheers

      laurence