RE: [beemonitoring] bee bowls in July - additional info

  • barbara.abraham@hamptonu.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19 6:50 AM
      Thanks, Wedge!

      Additional information: The recent sample I referred to was placed along a road where there were some (not abundant) flowering herbs and large, more frequent Rhododentrons. I always make an effort to be sure the bowls are visible, e.g., placing them on top of flat rocks.

      I am most interested in explaining the very different numbers I get with the same methods in May vs. July (~50-100 vs. 1 bee), not the efficacy of the bowls.

      Barbara J Abraham, PhD
      Associate Professor of Biology
      SEEDS Chapter Advisor
      Department of Biological Sciences