RE: [beemonitoring] A collecting trip to the Highlands of NC in 1920 with Ted Mitchell

  • Thompson, Chris
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 10, 2008
      Thanks, Sam:

      Very interesting, especially for me who just last November spent a few
      days at the Coweeta Hydrologic Lab in the mountains outside of Dillard.

      We flew into Asheville, had lunch at the Biltmore, and drove into the
      field station in a couple of hours. Lots of nice rooms and separate
      beds, lots of fast food places along the highway, etc. AND the USDA
      National Forest has preserved the wildness area just as it was in the
      1920s.

      Cheers

      F. Christian Thompson
      Systematic Entomology Lab., ARS, USDA