Re: [beemonitoring] bee pupal anatomy

  • Laurence Packer
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 3, 2011
      Jerry Rozen has published many papers dealing with this and many of them will be available for free download from the AM Novitates website.

      Try: http://digitallibrary.amnh.org/dspace/browse?value=Rozen%2C+Jerome+George%2C+1928-&type=author

      good luck

      laurence

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 6, 2011
        Hello:

            Midway through my 2nd year of extensive sampling in my study's N GA apple orchards (spanning the breadth of the Piedmont Region of the state), I've managed to collect a number of megachilids from both my Feb-Nov 2010 & Feb-current 2011 sample sets (though, have only begun to sort and determine my 2011 sample set thus far). However, they're by far my least abundant Apoidea family (much less pollinating Dipterans) - esp. compared against my Andrena, Lasioglossum (Dialictus), Tiphiids and Augochlorini specimen sets!

        If you'd be interested in my megachilid findings, I can surely send you an abridged inventory for 2010, followed later by my 2011 data - once I get through both my current samples & those I've yet to conduct through Nov.

        ** The image below was taken by me for a Poster, but gives just a taste of some of the 40 some-odd species representing 12-14 species - I've grown quite a fondness for this fascinating group's varied morphology & behavior since beginning my work!**

        2010 Mega Sample Specimens.jpg

        Nicholas G. Stewart     Pollinator Project Logo.jpg
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Georgia Native Fruit Tree -----------------------------------------------------------------------
        -------------------------------- Pollinator Biodiversity Assessment,
        (2010-13)
        ----------------- Managing Native Pollinator Species Richness:   Efforts in Sustainable, Native Pollination Services -------
             Project Design   ---   Lead Field Researcher   ---   Primary Taxonomist
        nick.s2art@...   *(PRIMARY)*
        nstewart@...                                                                                         (404) 784-6236

        ______

        --