bee pupal anatomy

  • Alicia Basilio
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 3, 2011
      Hi, Have someone some ilustrate material about pupal anatomy in bees?
      ThK!
      Alicia

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 3, 2011
        Jerry Rozen has published many papers dealing with this and many of them will be available for free download from the AM Novitates website.

        Try: http://digitallibrary.amnh.org/dspace/browse?value=Rozen%2C+Jerome+George%2C+1928-&type=author

        good luck

        laurence

        ______
        Daniel de Paiva Silva

        Graduate Program in Ecology & Evolution
        Theoretical Ecology and Synthesis Lab - LETS
        Biological Sciences Institute - ICB - UFG
        Goiânia - Goiás - Brazil

        +55 62 8140.8800  - Cell Phone
        +55 62 3521.1373  - Lab

        LATTES CV: http://lattes.cnpq.br/1409353191899248
        ACADEMIA: http://ufg.academia.edu/DanielPaivaSilva
        SKYPE ACC: daniel.de.paiva.silva

      • Nicholas Stewart
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 6, 2011
          Hello:

              Midway through my 2nd year of extensive sampling in my study's N GA apple orchards (spanning the breadth of the Piedmont Region of the state), I've managed to collect a number of megachilids from both my Feb-Nov 2010 & Feb-current 2011 sample sets (though, have only begun to sort and determine my 2011 sample set thus far). However, they're by far my least abundant Apoidea family (much less pollinating Dipterans) - esp. compared against my Andrena, Lasioglossum (Dialictus), Tiphiids and Augochlorini specimen sets!

          If you'd be interested in my megachilid findings, I can surely send you an abridged inventory for 2010, followed later by my 2011 data - once I get through both my current samples & those I've yet to conduct through Nov.

          ** The image below was taken by me for a Poster, but gives just a taste of some of the 40 some-odd species representing 12-14 species - I've grown quite a fondness for this fascinating group's varied morphology & behavior since beginning my work!**

          2010 Mega Sample Specimens.jpg

          Nicholas G. Stewart     Pollinator Project Logo.jpg
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          -------------------------------- Pollinator Biodiversity Assessment,
          (2010-13)
          ----------------- Managing Native Pollinator Species Richness:   Efforts in Sustainable, Native Pollination Services -------
               Project Design   ---   Lead Field Researcher   ---   Primary Taxonomist
          nick.s2art@...   *(PRIMARY)*
          nstewart@...                                                                                         (404) 784-6236

          --
          Nicholas G. Stewart