Re: Bombus in Los Angeles

  • Wedge_Watkins@fws.gov
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2011

      Terry, Thanks for the email. I will not be in the L.A. area in July, and I am also not a Bombus expert. But I am forwarding you email to a network of folks who may be able to help you.

      Wedge Watkins
      Midwest Region Pollinator Coordinator
      Refuge Biologist
      Big Muddy NFWR
      U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
      4200 New Haven Road
      Columbia, MO 65201

      Phone: 573-441-2788
      Fax: 573-876-1839

      "Any river is the summation of the whole valley. To think of it as nothing but water, is to ignore the greater part" - Hal Borland

      Inactive hide details for Teresa Young <tardigrade@...>Teresa Young <tardigrade@...>

              Teresa Young <tardigrade@...>

              06/23/11 06:16 PM

      Wedge_Watkins@...

      cc

      Subject

      Bombus in Los Angeles

      Dear Mr. Watkins,

      I noticed that the U. S. Fish and Wildlife Service is having a
      National Pollinator Week this year between June 20 - 26 (
      http://www.fws.gov/pollinators/
      ). Here, at the Whittier Narrows Natural Area in the San Gabriel
      Valley, the docent Association of the Whittier Narrows Nature Center
      will be holding a Bombus-A-Thon the two weekends of July (23,24 and
      30, 31) to locate the bumble bees in out area. I also noticed that you
      have given pod casts and have conducted talks on the subject.

      If you happen to be in the area, we would love to have you talk to our
      community, too. Do you know of a group or groups which would need data
      on the pollinator?

      One of our photographers, Lou Orr, has located (we are asking for
      people to photograph what they see and perhaps get a GPS location)
      some at the Natural Area already.

      Teresa (Terry) Young
      626 296 6671 (H)
      626 4832 3158 (C)