Eastern U.S. Bee diversity

  • Matthew McKinney
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 18, 2011
      Can anyone tell me the current number of bee species in the Eastern
      U.S. I have Mitchell's Bees of the Eastern United States which says
      the number is around 700, but I know the number must be higher than
      that now.
      -Matthew McKinney
    • Matthew McKinney
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 30, 2011
        I was a guest speaker at Nature Leader's Training School in Terra Alta
        WV and was going to use that number in a slide, but I ended up running
        out of time and never got the number (I just used the currently known
        number for West Virginia in the talk). I do need to get the number
        still for something else I'm working on, so when I get it I can put it
        on the listserv.

        -Matt