The World of Bees exhibit

  • Louise lynch
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2011
      Hello all!  My name is Louise Lynch.  I am designing an exhibit about bees at the Hudson HIghlands Nature Museum in Cornwall, NY.

      A portion of the exhibit is dedicated to native pollinators.  I will be including several native groups but would like to showcase a few agriculturally notable ones.  I'll be showcasing:
      Bumblebees
      Blue orchard bees (Osmia lignaria)
      Alkali bees (Nomia)
      Alfalfa leafcutter bees (Megachile)
      Squash bees (Peponapis pruinosa)

      Can you suggest any other notable native bees that are used in agriculture?

      I would also like to show specimens of each.  Does anyone have any of the above that they would be willing to share?  I have enough bumblebees.

      Thank you in advance!

      Kind regards,
      Louise