Re: [beemonitoring] locality label wackiness?

  • Jack Neff
    Message 1 of 2 , May 27 7:27 AM
      Doug:  I congratulate you on your miraculous discovery of three new Bombus species for Texas, all hundreds of miles from any previous collections.  Unfortunately, it is extremely unlikely these are correctly labeled.  Of the four, only pensylvanicus is known to occur here (it does occur in the Uvalde area). The other three would require some rather remarkable long distance dispersal to end up near there.  There are only 10 Bombus species known from Texas (or 9 depending on what one does with sonorus) and (assuming mislabling) the other three have yet to be found on our sacred soil.

      best

      Jack