Art festivals can get your bee messages out!

  • Louise lynch
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2011
    • 1 Attachment
    • 2.9 MB
    Hello all!

    I got a chance to show some bee houses I made this past winter at a local art festival with the Garnerville Arts and Industrial Center in Garnerville, NY (GAGA festival).  It was a great opportunity to reach art- and music-minded people that may not normally come to more science- and nature-oriented programs.  If you have similar art festivals in your area, it might be worth your while for outreach purposes.  A couple hundred people walked away knowing a little bit more about our native bees and an eagerness to get involved.

    Regards,
    Louise