Butterfly houses

  • Chris McDonald
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2011
      All,

      I am preparing a talk I give to gardeners for building a
      pollinator-friendly garden and have stumbled upon the concept of
      butterfly houses and must admit I've never seen such a product before.
      (i.e. http://www.bestnest.com/bestnest/butterfly_houses.asp)

      Does anyone have any experience with them? Do they work and are they
      good to recommend to the general public?

      I can find plenty of reliable information on creating suitable living
      spaces for bees with bee blocks, but not much for butterfly houses.

      Maybe there is a Lep. listserve someone recommends?

      Thanks,

      Chris

      --
      Registration is now open for the