Re: Theodore Mitchell Xylocopidae keys

  • Gordon.Hutchings@forces.gc.ca
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 14, 2011
      I see that others are asking for keys and so far, all my efforts of
      approaching people on an individual case have not arrived at a
      successful conclusion for me to obtain keys to species level in bee
      families for my area (western Canada). Therefore, could anyone offer
      assistance as Lilian has asked similarily below, for where one could go
      to get keys for my part of the world please? I don't care in what form
      really be they pdf, hard copies etc., they'd all help me in my
      endeavours. I have the genera covered and that's fine and one person
      suggested I visit other collections like my local museum (Royal British
      Columbia Museum), but currently over 1000 specimens are out on loan and
      I'd really like to dive deeper into my own collection plus help me on my
      ongoing research. I would be very appreciative.
      Thanks,
      Gord Hutchings

      IHello everyone, I need to ask for help once and agian, I already have
      some fantastic keys from Theodore Mitchell "The Bees of the Eastern
      United States" to identify several genus in many families, but I just
      can not find the part to Xylocopidae (Carpenter bees) in pdf, is there
      any chance anyone can point out were can I get them on line or if anyone
      have this file in their folders?, please let me know you will make my
      day! Things in north-east Mexico are quite fascinating for bees, too bad
      we dont have key for our own (I will work in them)