Theodore Mitchell Xylocopidae keys

  • lilyregia
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 13, 2011
      Hello everyone, I need to ask for help once and agian, I already have some fantastic keys from Theodore Mitchell "The Bees of the Eastern United States" to identify several genus in many families, but I just can not find the part to Xylocopidae (Carpenter bees) in pdf, is there any chance anyone can point out were can I get them on line or if anyone have this file in their folders?, please let me know you will make my day! Things in north-east Mexico are quite fascinating for bees, too bad we dont have key for our own (I will work in them)

      Best wishes & saludos

      Liliana Ramirez

      Graduate student
      Facultad de Ciencias Biologicas
      Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon
    • Gordon.Hutchings@forces.gc.ca
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 14, 2011
        I see that others are asking for keys and so far, all my efforts of
        approaching people on an individual case have not arrived at a
        successful conclusion for me to obtain keys to species level in bee
        families for my area (western Canada). Therefore, could anyone offer
        assistance as Lilian has asked similarily below, for where one could go
        to get keys for my part of the world please? I don't care in what form
        really be they pdf, hard copies etc., they'd all help me in my
        endeavours. I have the genera covered and that's fine and one person
        suggested I visit other collections like my local museum (Royal British
        Columbia Museum), but currently over 1000 specimens are out on loan and
        I'd really like to dive deeper into my own collection plus help me on my
        ongoing research. I would be very appreciative.
        Thanks,
        Gord Hutchings

        IHello everyone, I need to ask for help once and agian, I already have