ACUC regulations regarding bees

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2011

      All:

      I had an inquiry regarding any possible models for Animal Care and Use Procedures that may be in place for working with bees.  I was unaware of any as most ACUC committees don't regulate studies having to do with invertebrates.  However, I imagine that this has been broached by at least a few groups.

      If people could post any existing guidelines to the List, I know it would be appreciated and then would remain registered within the online archives for the listserv for future users to find.

      The archives, by the way, are searchable and a wonderful place to mine information about bees and researchers:

      For example you might do a search on the name of your state/province/region to see who might working in your area.

      Thanks

      I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the
       sons of men,  that God might manifest them, and that
       they might see that they themselves are beasts.

       For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth
       beasts, even one thing befalleth them: as the one
       dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one
       breath, so that a man hath no preeminence above a
       beast for all is vanity.

       All go unto one place, all are of the dust, and all
       turn to dust again.

       Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and
       the spirit of the beast  that goeth downward to the
       earth?

       Wherefore I perceive that there is nothing better,
       than that a man should rejoice in his own works; for
       that is his portion: for who shall bring him to see
       what shall be after him?

       Ecclesiastes Chapter 3 verses 18-22