Pollination of Cypripedium reginae publication

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 22, 2011
    • 1 Attachment
    • 1.1 MB
    Dear Colleagues:

    This paper was published as part of a Festschrift for my friend, the late, Dr Surrey Jacobs.  He had a wonderful sense of humor and this explains the subtitle of our publication.  You will see, though, that size does matter.  We would like to thank Professor Luo Yi-bo (Beijing) for his superior work that should convince all of us to measure the bodies of pollinating insects and the dimensions of flowers that function as pollinator traps.  The Bernhardt/Meier lab continues its research on the pollination biology of rare and threatened species.

    Peter

  • Howlett, Anita
    Message 2 of 2 , Mar 23, 2011

      THANK YOU so much for posting the paper. I will add the overall theme of Size does Matter (co-evolution is often distinct) to my  nature and botanical tours.

      This paper will be a supplement to my copy of Van der Pijl’s book- Orchid Flowers Their Pollination and Evolution

      regards,

      Anita Schiller Howlett, naturalist

      Jesse H. Jones Park & Nature Center

      20634 Kenswick Dr. Humble, TX 77338