RE: [beemonitoring] Motion activating cameras for monitoring foraging times of cavity-nesting bees (UNCLASSIFIED)

  • Messinger, Wes NWP
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2011
      Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
      Caveats: FOUO

      I suggested to Scott that he:

      Analyze the possibility of a cheapish canon point-and-shoot, your own
      housing, and the canon hack development kit (CHDK --
      http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK). I'm quite impressed with the capabilities
      for motion detection of insects, lightning and fireworks so far, and it also
      allows override of compression to RAW and of speed and f-stop limits.
      Battery life may be an issue. I'll be interested to hear if it works for you
      --W

      Further interested to see whether group members have tried this. Cheers
      --Wes
      --
      Wes Messinger
      Botanist, USACE Willamette Valley Projects