Re: [Pollinator] Aussiebeewebsite on YouTube

  • Sandra_Lary@fws.gov
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2011

      Seems like they'd find that guitar music awfully distracting when they are trying to focus on sipping and jostling  ;   )

      Sandra

      Sorry, couldnt resist.  It IS a cute video.

      Peter Bernhardt <bernhap2@...>
      Sent by: pollinator-bounces+sandra_lary=fws.gov@...

      01/28/2011 04:24 PM

      pollinator@..., Bee United <beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com>
      cc
      Subject
      [Pollinator] Aussiebeewebsite on YouTube

      Dear Colleagues:

      First, let's thank Dr. Garvey and the other members of the Entomology staff for the counter piece to that lurid and inaccurate  newspaper piece on the wool carder bee in California.  This is he sort of thing we all have to do sometime or other.  The only other thing I can suggest is that Dr Garvey send a shorter letter to the editor of that Sacramento rag debunking the piece.  Many of the older generation of amateur naturalists and gardeners are simply not online.  My 86-year old mother still gets all her information from hard copies of "The New York Times" and commercial television (especially Oprah).  Perhaps Dr. Garvey could appear on Oprah before she heads for Cable?

      Second, I recently discovered Aussiebeewebsite on YouTube.  There are several videos with some good close up footage of Australian bee species doing Australian bee things to banjo music.  These videos aren't very news.  Is anyone in NAPPC doing this sort of work?  If not, we might consider encouraging it.   Try visiting this site to start...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kws65tIt5Ps&feature=fvsr

      Pollinator mailing list
      Pollinator@...