Ordering a GPS

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2011
      Dear Colleagues:

      We are in the process of ordering new equipment and we want to buy a GPS unit as our plants have very scattered populations.  Here is the problem.  Some of our species are restricted to small valleys or depressions within extensive  montane systems and are often in heavily wooded sites.  We found that all GPS units are not equal when dealing with slopes, mountain ranges and forest canopies.  What GPS model do you prefer for wooded and montane sites?

      Sincerely, Peter Bernahrdt