Apologies regarding US Forest Service Data

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 22, 2010

      Sorry folks I inadvertently sent you a summary (without explanation) of data for a USFS network of glycol traps.  I work these summaries up quickly so as to educate the biologists running the network (10 experiment stations) get some understanding about bees and what is being captured as their results get processed.

      I sent the message to the wrong listserv.

      If you are curious you can see other summaries at:

      and something similar for the National Park Service

      I will be sending the group a summary later this winter of the USFS information ... I think it may be a good model for long-term monitoring without too much effort involved.

      Thanks

      Black Cat

      A ghost, though invisible, still is like a place
      your sight can knock on, echoing; but here
      within this thick black pelt, your strongest gaze
      will be absorbed and utterly disappear:

      just as a raving madman, when nothing else
      can ease him, charges into his dark night
      howling, pounds on the padded wall, and feels
      the rage being taken in and pacified.

      She seems to hide all looks that have ever fallen
      into her, so that, like an audience,
      she can look them over, menacing and sullen,
      and curl to sleep with them. But all at once

      as if awakened, she turns her face to yours;
      and with a shock, you see yourself, tiny,
      inside the golden amber of her eyeballs
      suspended, like a prehistoric fly.

       - Rainer Maria Rilke
      translated by Stephen Mitchell