Re: [beemonitoring] Please use your cell-phone camera in the field for quick collection of data.

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 2010

      The Youtube video is very informative and I think it would also be a great way to take pictures of specimens in your collection or perhaps a way to take pictures of live captured animals and releasing them.

      sam

      Sparrows

      Morning after first snow—
      outside my kitchen window,
      gray sparrows flap up
      and down on a sagging clothesline.
      It is a corn dance
      in honor of sunshine on snow.

      What joy in a sparrow's body
      as he jumps and eats—
      a world of red barns,
      snow, old clotheslines
      and corn kernels is enough.
      No brooding on hunger and death,
      no suspicion among the sparrows.

      I return from seeing a woman,
      full of joy and dancing in my body—
      lie awake all night
      putting away old dreams like a man
      packing for a long trip.

      Now it is clear: her face
      come to me, and I sink
      into sleep like childhood,
      rising hours later to bright sun,
      sparrows dancing on the clothesline.

      In a world of grief, no one
      has any right to such gifts
      as I am given; I take them,
      put on my feathers, and go
      dance in the snow.

        - Bill Holm

      From:"Charles" <icecilliate123@...>
      To:beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com
      Date:11/06/2010 04:31 PM
      Subject:[beemonitoring] Please use your cell-phone camera in the field  for quick collection of data.
      Sent by:beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com

      Hello all, I have been permitted by Sam, to pass along a very useful link for field work, subsequent collaboration of your field work experiences.

      A very low cost device ( aboutm $10 USD) attaches to that cellphone camera port, which many of us already have in a pocket when in the field.

      Quick and dirty collection of images from field experiences, enhances collaborations at latter times with others. Please give a look at this gadget. Although I am quite content with my pocket-sized point&shoot digital camera for field images, this gadget really permits resolution of body field marks and more...when time permits, visit the link:

      http://hacknmod.com/hack/turn-an-iphone-into-a-microscope-for-10/

      charlie guevara, fingerlakes/US