POSTDOCTORAL ASSOCIATE -- pollination services by the common eastern bumble bee

  • Matthew Shepherd
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2010

      NB: I am only passing this along. Please DO NOT contact me for more info. Details of who to contact are at the bottom. Thanks.

      POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT

      Postdoctoral Associate

      POSITION:

      Entomologist/Insect Ecologist – 12-month appointment with potential for second year in the Department of Entomology, Cornell University, New York State Agricultural Experiment Station, Geneva, NY  14456.

      AVAILABLE:

      Available March 1, 2011, but can be filled at a later date.

      RESEARCH:

      The successful applicant will identify how pollination services by the common eastern bumble bee can be maximized in vegetable crops given the current difficulty and expense of relying on pollination by managed European honey bees.  Landscape features, field size, food and nesting resources and other factors will be identified for conserving and increasing populations of bumble bees.  This position requires collaboration with University faculty, extension educators and vegetable growers.

      QUALIFICATIONS:

      Ph.D. in entomology or related discipline.  Desire an individual with a background in landscape ecology, pollinators and statistics.  Experience with vegetable cropping systems is also desirable.

      SALARY:

      Starting $38,762/year with an excellent benefits package.

      APPLICATION:

      Send letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and the names and email addresses of three references to:

      Dr. Brian A. Nault

      Department of Entomology

      New York State Agricultural Experiment Station

      Cornell University

      630 W. North Street

      Geneva, NY 14456

      Email: ban6@...